How would you feel if you knew your CPA had vast experience helping global businesses expand operations while avoiding tax surprises? What if your CPA could also collaborate with trusted tax experts in all the countries in which you operate? Since 1983, we’ve been doing just that! We help clients with tax planning so they can avoid a solution that is optimal in one country and detrimental in another.
Our clients are new and established businesses with cross-border operations, including:
- Foreign individuals who are looking to establish a new US business
- Foreign businesses that want to establish a US presence
- US businesses that want to operate in a foreign country
- US individuals who live in a foreign country and own a foreign business
- Owners of foreign businesses with US effectively connected income
- C-suite officers, such as CEOs and CFOs, who work for multinational companies
Whether you are just starting out or already operate across borders, we can give you clarity and peace of mind on the tax side.
Our tax planning and tax return preparation services are geared toward small and mid-sized businesses and their owners. And they are tailored to fit your needs.
Our Tax Advisory Services
Many factors affect the growth and success of your business. Tax is just one of them. We work with you to understand your objectives, constraints, and concerns. Then, we recommend tax strategies that fit into the bigger picture.
Our tax planning and advisory services are designed to help you manage your global effective tax rates and risk exposures. Services include:
- Structuring of inbound businesses
- Structuring of outbound businesses
- Strategies to repatriate earnings and defer tax
- Use of special elections to take advantage of tax benefits
- Transactional support for mergers and acquisitions, including pre- and post-transaction structuring
- GILTI planning
- Structuring of income (wages vs. dividends) to optimize tax for business owners
- Use of export tax incentives
- Tax risk management
- Support to resolve tax disputes and IRS notices
- Transfer pricing planning and documentation
We also offer an array of business tax consulting services.
Our Tax Compliance Services
US tax returns can be tricky when they involve international components. That’s why many other tax firms outsource their international tax support to us. At The Wolf Group, we only work with clients who have an international aspect to their tax situation. This allows us to focus on the continuously changing IRS tax rules that apply to our clients.
Every day, you’ll find us preparing US tax returns and required international informational reports for US individuals, US domestic corporations, and US partnerships that have ownership in foreign entities. We also prepare US returns for foreign businesses and individuals with business interests in the US.
Common forms and schedules include:
- US Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation (Form 1120-F)
- Information Return of US Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations (Form 5471)
- Filing Requirement for US Transferors of Property to a Foreign Corporation (Form 926)
- Return of US Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships (Form 8865)
- Information Return of US Persons with Respect to Foreign Disregarded Entities (Form 8858)
- Entity Classification Election (Form 8832)
- US Shareholder Calculation of GILTI Tax (Form 8992)
- Foreign assets reporting (FATCA)
- Forms 1040 and 1040NR (individual tax returns for business owners)
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR/Form 114)
- Estimated quarterly tax calculations and remittance
Our support doesn’t end with the preparation of your US tax returns! Our additional tax return services include:
- Assistance resolving IRS and state tax notices and audits
- Coordination with foreign tax professionals regarding your foreign income tax returns
- Preparation of amended returns to correct Repatriation Tax calculations
- Preparation of amended tax returns to correct other errors and international reporting forms
- Advice on how to minimize your overall tax burden
Why The Wolf Group?
Since 1983, we’ve worked with clients in the United States and abroad on international tax matters. We have a long history of “cleaning up” complex tax returns, reporting foreign assets, and reconstructing financial records.
Check out our extensive team of CPAs, all with vast international tax experience.
Looking for a Nexia International Partner?
We’re an active member of Nexia International, a global network of independent accountancy, tax and business advisors with over 250 firms around the globe.