At The Wolf Group, we are passionate about assisting high-net-worth individuals and privately held businesses with their international tax needs.
Founded in 1983, we are a boutique tax firm that has specialized in international and expatriate taxation for four decades. Our offices are headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC, and our clients are located worldwide. Each year, we provide tax advisory and compliance services to thousands of international clients, including:
- Americans with interests abroad
- Foreign nationals with US interests
- Growing multinational corporations
- Entrepreneurs with cross-border business interests
- Cryptocurrency miners, investors and traders
About Our Team
Much like the clients we serve, our staff come from diverse backgrounds. Many paths lead them to us. Some are:
- CPAs who have gained US tax experience in global mobility, international corporate tax, or private client services
- CPAs and EAs who came to the US from other countries and may have had tax experience in their home countries
- Professionals who have a passion for foreign cultures, languages, and tax matters
About our Firm Culture
We promote a collaborative company culture that empowers every staff member. As professionals, we are constantly learning and growing. The nature of our work means that we have a lot of autonomy to balance priorities and interact directly with clients and partners. At the same time, we learn from one another and use each other as sounding boards when considering different approaches.
As a firm, we invest in technology and growth. We also invest in keeping our people happy! Regular events in the workplace include weekly Friday breakfasts, Starbucks runs and tax season meals, firm-wide retreats, international potluck events, and celebratory meals. (We like to eat!)
We place a high value on integrity, professional excellence, collaborative spirit, and unyielding focus on client service. Check out our manifesto to better understand what we value.
We pride ourselves on offering opportunities that support who you are both inside and outside the office:
- A collegial, supportive, and highly professional environment with a team-oriented culture
- Unparalleled exposure to a broad range of technical issues that apply to individuals, families, and businesses with cross-border interests
- 6-week international staff exchange
- 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for employees and 5 weeks for managers and above
- A range of benefits, including 401(k) matching; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; Health Savings Account contributions (portable); and wellness benefits, including fitness facilities and other health benefits
- Opportunities for volunteerism
- Extensive annual and ongoing training