Tax Return Information
|January 15, 2020||4th quarter 2019 estimated tax payment due|
|March 9, 2020||Last day to submit complete tax information for 4/15 deadline|
|February 28, 2020||
Last day to submit Form 3520-A Foreign Grantor Trust information
March 15 – extension form due date
September 15 – extended due date
|March 19, 2020||Last day to submit information for extension calculation|
|April 15, 2020||
Individual tax returns due for tax year 2019
1st quarter 2020 estimated tax payment due
Individual tax return extension form due
|June 15, 2020||2nd quarter 2020 estimated tax payment due|
|September 15, 2020||Last day to submit complete tax information for extended returns due on 10/15|
|September 15, 2020||3rd quarter 2020 estimated tax payment due|
|October 15, 2020||Extended individual tax returns due|
1. Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) for Businesses
EFTPS is a system for paying federal taxes electronically via the Internet or phone. EFTPS is offered free by the U.S. Department of Treasury. You can obtain information on EFTPS at http://www.irs.gov/uac/EFTPS-The-Electronic-Federal-Tax-Payment-System
Functionality and Perks:
- Make payments electronically, 24/7
- Schedule payments up to 365 days in advance
- Schedule multiple or recurring payments
- Pay balances due, income taxes, employment taxes, and/or estimated taxes
- Access up to 16 months of payment history of payments made via EFTPS
- Sign up at https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/
- NOTE: Enrollment generally takes several weeks! Once you complete the online enrollment, the IRS will send you your EFTPS PIN via U.S. mail.
2. “Direct Pay” for Individuals
“Direct Pay” is available through the IRS and allows taxpayers to make tax payments without having to enroll in EFTPS. Information is available at http://www.irs.gov/Payments/Direct-Pay.
Functionality and Perks:
- Make one-time payments directly from a U.S. bank account
- Schedule payments up to 30 days in advance
- Receive instant confirmation that your payment has been submitted
- Avoid the EFTPS enrollment process
- Pay balances due, income taxes, employment taxes, and/or estimated payments
Additional information is available at http://www.irs.gov/Payments/Direct-Pay-Help
Can’t find your tax package?
Contact our Office Manager, Yolanda Medina.
Why The Wolf Group?
Since 1983, we’ve worked with clients in the United States and abroad on international tax matters. We have a long history of “cleaning up” complex tax returns, reporting foreign assets, and reconstructing financial records.
Check out our extensive team of CPAs, all with vast international tax experience.
Looking for a Nexia International Partner?
We’re an active member of Nexia International, a global network of independent accountancy, tax and business advisors with over 250 firms around the globe.