Tax Services for International Organization Employees

As an employee (or retiree) of an international organization, you have a special status under the US tax code. Some US tax rules that apply to everyone else don’t apply to you. You also get US tax benefits that aren’t available to others.

Finding a tax preparer who knows these rules is tough. Finding a whole firm of international tax specialists is even tougher. But that’s where we come in.

Serving the international organization community is who we are, and it’s what every member of our tax team does.

We work with employees and retirees, including:

Our clients work for the World Bank, ADB, IMF, IDB, IFPRI, OAS, OECD, NATO, United Nations, and other international organizations backed by foreign governments.

Helping Reduce Risk for International Organization Employees

The IRS has a history of “crackdowns” focused on individuals working for international organizations. We believe this keeps happening for three reasons.

  1. Tax rules are complex for G-4s, green card holders, and US citizens working for international organizations.
  2. The rules that apply to these individuals (and retirees) are not well known by most professional tax preparers.
  3. There are many opportunities to get the tax returns wrong, and this spells revenue for the IRS.

As a result, the IRS conducts frequent audits in this area. It has also focused its attention on retiree pension reporting and G-4 employers of G-5 household workers.

We help international organization employees (and retirees) get their taxes right. We’re also the go-to firm for fixing returns when others have done them wrong.

We can help you avoid tax headaches (and fines) by preparing your tax filing and correcting past filings. If you are under an IRS audit, we can also help you resolve your case. Each year we assist hundreds of employees and retirees of international organizations with their tax matters.

Learn more about the latest IRS crackdown.

Working with G-4 Visa Holders

We help G-4 visa holders:

Working with Green Card Holders and U.S. Citizens

We help green card holders and US citizens:

Ready for a paid consultation?

Thinking about using mass-market tax software like Turbo Tax?

Most DIY tax software works best for the mass market but not for employees of international organizations.

Your tax situation is atypical, which means standard tax software won’t work for your situation. Often, the standard tax software won’t even alert you to an error.

We’ve tested these software platforms and know where they are deficient. It’s just not worth the “hassle tax” (and fines) to file an incorrect tax return.

Why The Wolf Group?

Since 1983, we’ve worked with clients in the United States and abroad on international tax matters. We have a long history of “cleaning up” complex tax returns, reporting foreign assets, and reconstructing financial records.

Check out our extensive team of CPAs, all with vast international tax experience.

Looking for a Nexia International Partner?

We’re an active member of Nexia International, a global network of independent accountancy, tax and business advisors with over 250 firms around the globe.

Meet Our Tax Professionals

Ready for a paid consultation?

What our clients say

“I am so glad to have found out about The Wolf Group through seminars at BFSCU—my situation as a G4 married to a US citizen is complicated but I know that I do not have to worry, as I am in good hands with extremely knowledgeable assistance. Thank you! I will be back again next year!”

“The Wolf Group has been doing our taxes for over 20 years. They are excellent professionals, very pleasant and helpful, and I highly recommend them to anyone–particularly to those with complex international tax situations, such as G-4 Visas, foreign holding, and /or off-shore accounts.”

“I am very satisfied with the service at The Wolf Group. It’s very comforting to have the trust in professionals who are familiar with the G4 situation, as I have previously received conflicting and confusing guidance from most, if not all my previous tax advisors.”