Yes. The first-year tax return is often the most complex, so it’s critical to have it prepared by a CPA who specializes in international taxation. Sadly, we amend hundreds of tax returns each year because they were done incorrectly by someone who did not understand foreign asset reporting, foreign income, and other nuanced elements of cross-border tax issues.