US nonresident tax returns (Form 1040NR) do not allow you to file jointly. However, if your spouse is a US tax resident and you wish to file jointly, you can make a special election to be treated as a US tax resident. Then, you can file jointly.

But be careful! If you make this election (called a 6013(g) election), you become taxable on your worldwide income and subject to foreign asset reporting requirements going forward. It’s important to understand the benefits and implications before making the election.