THE WOLF GROUP, P.C. PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice outlines the privacy policies and practices of The Wolf Group, P.C. (TWG) and any and all domain names, web portals and web sites owned and operated by TWG. The TWG website may contain links to websites operated by third parties and TWG is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information we receive from others that you have sent to us
- Information about you provided by others e.g. spouse, parents
- Our Web server automatically records the IP addresses of visitors to our site. This information is used in aggregate form to help us understand how visitors use the TWG Portal. The servers at the TWG web site also collect connection-related technical data. The data entries in these logs are used for server and network operation and maintenance and to help us understand general usage patterns. No personally identifiable information is collected unless you knowingly provide it.
Types of information we collect:
- Information about your transactions with us
- Data to identify you, including your contact information
- Your financial details/financial circumstances
- Your marital status
- Information which you have consented to us using
USE OF DATA COLLECTED
We use, and share, your data when:
- You have agreed or explicitly consented to the use of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw your consent at any time);
- Use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation regulatory authorities, law enforcement, and court orders);
- Use is necessary to protect your “vital interests” in exceptional circumstances;
- Use for our legitimate interests such as managing our business including providing service information, conducting marketing activities, training and quality assurance, and strategic planning.
Nonpublic personal data about you that we collect may be used for editorial and feedback purposes, statistical analysis of users’ behavior, product development, content and layout improvement. Information may also be made available to contractors as needed for maintenance of our systems/infrastructure. Sometimes we may use your information even though you are not our customer. For example, you may be a beneficiary, guarantor, director, or representative of a client of ours.
We collect information: (i) you give us; (ii) information from your use of our products, services or our websites and mobile apps, and; (iii) information provided to us by third parties.
PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
When providing services to you, we may share your information with:
- Your authorized representatives;
- Third parties with whom: (i) we need to share your information to facilitate transactions you have requested, and (ii) you ask us to share your information;
- Service providers who provide us with support services;
- Statutory and regulatory bodies (including central and local government), law enforcement authorities and U.S. courts.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about current or former clients that is obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees and, in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you.
We may use “cookies” on our websites to personalize and enhance your website visits. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by our web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to a computer, and your computer will only allow our web servers to access our cookies. The most important thing to understand about cookies is that they pose no danger to you. They cannot be used to collect secret information about you or your computer or to provide information about you to other companies.
Cookies provide a convenience by saving you time on subsequent visits and personalizing your web experience. For example, when you return to our website, cookies enable us to remember information from prior visits, and cookies may save data such as name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and pages viewed.
You have the right to delete cookies placed on your hard drive, which will erase the data automatically saved during your visit. However, that will mean that our sites will not recognize you upon your return. You may also modify your web browser to notify you before accepting cookies, or to decline all cookies. We strongly suggest that you accept cookies from us, since they help provide you a more seamless, personalized, and effective web browsing experience and keep our site compelling and informative.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
The TWG web site may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by TWG. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The TWG website and its owner make no representation of any kind regarding the site content or any portion thereof. All site content is provided in “AS IS” condition, and the TWG website and TWG expressly disclaims all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The TWG web site (excluding links to web sites operated by others) is controlled and operated by TWG from offices in Fairfax, Virginia. Although TWG has made no effort to the TWG web site elsewhere, it is accessible in all fifty U.S. states and in other countries due to its presence on the Worldwide Web. As each of these states and countries have laws which may differ from those of Virginia and from each other, and as you and TWG both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use the TWG web site, by publishing, accessing, and/or using the site, you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the sites will be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the TWG web site will be heard and resolved in the courts of Fairfax County, Virginia. You consent to personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the www.thewolfgroup.com web site from locations other than Fairfax County, Virginia, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
The TWG web site is confidential and proprietary to TWG. All of the text, images, marks, logos and other content of this Web Site is proprietary to TWG or is used by TWG with the owner’s permission and/or applicable law or regulation.
PROTECTING THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF CURRENT AND FORMER CLIENTS’ INFORMATION
How long we hold your data may be subject to legislation and regulatory rules we must follow, set by authorities such as the IRS, SEC, and may be influenced by the type of financial services provided to you.
We retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to assist you with your professional needs and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our professional standards.
Implications of not providing your data
If you do not provide information/data we may not be able to:
- Provide requested products or services to you, or
- Continue to provide and/or renew existing products or services
EUROPEAN UNION DATA SUBJECTS (ONLY): HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
In accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, without undue delay, to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information;
- have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- object to particular use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- in certain circumstances, to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted;
- exercise the right to data portability (i.e., receive your original forms back and copies of your tax returns or other tax deliverable)
- withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
If we are unable to address your request fully within a calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests) we may extend this period by a further two calendar months and shall explain the reason for the extension. If you make your request electronically, we will attempt to provide you with the relevant information electronically.
In some cases, we may transfer information about you and our provided services to our service providers (e.g., our tax software for troubleshooting) and other organizations outside the European Economic Area. We will take steps to ensure that any such transfer of information outside of the EEA carefully managed to protect your privacy rights.
This Policy Notice was last revised August 7, 2018.