Sheila is a CPA and a Tax Manager at The Wolf Group, with over 20 years of experience in the global accounting industry. Originally from Ireland, Sheila has also lived and worked in France, Australia, and Switzerland.
Sheila joined The Wolf Group team in 2014 and works closely with globally mobile individuals, companies with expatriate programs, and families with global assets.
In her day-to-day practice, Sheila provides advice and assistance to
- Companies with globally mobile staff (in matters of expatriate policy development, expatriate payroll, tax planning and counseling, U.S. tax return preparation, and coordination of home and host country assistance)
- Individuals with complex, cross-border situations, including U.S. citizens, green card holders, international organization employees, various visa holders, and U.S. nonresidents
- Individuals coming into U.S. tax compliance via IRS amnesty programs (Offshore Voluntary Disclosure and Streamlined Programs)
- Individuals relinquishing their U.S. citizenship or green cards
- Individuals who have received tax notices and audits from the IRS or state taxing authorities
Sheila manages a variety of clients and projects, reviews complex tax returns, and provides guidance to junior staff. She is also a presenter at seminars and events for international organizations, the Nexia International network, and other professional groups.
Before joining the team at The Wolf Group, Sheila was an internal auditor and then financial controller with an Irish multinational company in both Ireland and the US.
Outside of work, Sheila enjoys international travel and improving her fluency in languages.