Areas of Expertise
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Practice
- Nonresident Alien Taxation
- US Taxation of International Organization Employees
- US Taxation of Foreign Pensions
- US Exit Tax
- US Taxation of Cryptocurrency
- US Taxation of PFICs
- Foreign Grantor and Non-Grantor Trust Taxation
- Individual Pre-Immigration Tax Planning
- Individual Cross-Border Tax Planning
- State Reciprocity Agreements
- DC Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- US Tax Court
- Master’s Degree, Tax Law, Boston University
- J.D., Business Law, Tax Law, Seattle University School of Law
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration and Management, Westminster College
Principal, Director of International Tax
Mishkin is a Principal of The Wolf Group and oversees the firm’s international tax services in the areas of Offshore Voluntary Disclosure, US Exit Tax, foreign grantor and non-grantor trusts, nonresident alien taxation, international organization employee taxation, pre-immigration tax planning, and cryptocurrency.
He assists individuals and businesses with highly specialized and complex tax issues related to offshore corporations, family businesses, trusts, and retirement plans. As a former Attorney with the IRS Chief Counsel, Mishkin is well-positioned to guide clients on a range of reporting and disclosure issues. In addition, he speaks regularly at professional events sponsored by attorney and CPA groups in the US and abroad.
Before joining The Wolf Group, Mishkin was a Partner of the International Tax Division at the Krueger CPA Group. He split his time between the main office in Austin, Texas and the sister office in Zurich, Switzerland.
Outside of work, Mishkin’s favorite activity is to spend time with his wife and two children. He also enjoys all things related to history, specifically Greek Mythology and the Argead Dynasty (Alexander the Great), Old Testament Bible, the rise and fall of the Roman Republic, the British Empire, and the Republic of the United States. He is also a big movie buff and fan of 80s and 90s pop culture.