I have a high-net-worth client concerned about the safety of his/her wealth in his/her country of origin. How can I structure my client to own US real property or invest in the US without the big tax consequences of FIRPTA?

We typically work alongside tax attorneys who will advise you on the proper structure for your US investments regardless of whether they include real estate or personal property. If income, gift, or estate tax returns are required, we can prepare these for your client [...]

By |2019-11-01T15:31:43-04:00November 1st, 2019|

We just found out that my client should have been filing US tax returns and reporting assets held outside the US. Can you help us understand how to fix the prior-year reporting?

Yes, the IRS offers a variety of methods for US taxpayers to fix their foreign income and asset reporting. Common programs include the former Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and related programs, such as the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures. We have an extensive history [...]

By |2019-11-01T15:28:06-04:00November 1st, 2019|
Go to Top