Our process is very straightforward.
- Discovery Meeting | You will be able to meet with us (usually via phone or video conference) for a free “Discovery Meeting.” In this meeting, we’ll learn about your situation, hear your questions, and understand where your filings may need to be corrected. We’ll give you some initial information on options available to you. We’ll also give you an initial sense of cost based on your specific needs.
- Hiring Us | If you would like to move forward, you will receive an engagement letter that documents our understanding and outlines the services to be provided, along with an estimated service quote.
- Gathering Relevant Documents | Once you formally engage us and pay a retainer, we will send you a list of information needed to correct your filings. You will gather and send us this information, including copies of prior tax returns, account statements or policies related to your foreign assets, and completed tax and foreign asset questionnaires.
- Analysis | Our team will review the information you provided and let you know if we have any questions or need any further clarification or documents.
- Correcting Filings | Our team will prepare your corrected filings, interacting with you throughout to obtain clarifications, explain findings, and let you know about next steps in the process.
- Submitting Filings | You will receive the corrected filings, along with explanations and instructions from us on what to file and how, where to send the returns, which items are filed first, and other important details.
- Supporting You | If the IRS has any questions on your corrected returns, we are available to help! You can reach out to us at any point.