If you are like many G-4 visa holders who retire and obtain green cards, retirement is the first time you are interacting with the US tax system. US lawful permanent residents (green card holders) are taxable in the US on their worldwide income and also must complete annual informational disclosures to report their foreign assets. To learn more, see our information for Foreign Nationals Living in the US.