Yes. Attorneys who are already working with a CPA under a Kovel agreement will request that we prepare certain international forms or provide other specialty services. This typically happens when the initial CPA firm doesn’t have the requisite expertise in international tax matters. We prepare the specific forms and coordinate with the original accountant to incorporate the final outputs. This type of service has been requested for Offshore Voluntary Disclosures and, more recently with certain types of IRS audits and examinations requiring foreign financial asset recreation or cryptocurrency income realization events.

Then there are times when attorneys just need a reputable CPA firm whom they know can support their clients’ international tax needs. That’s us! In these cases, they often request that we work with their clients directly—for one-time or ongoing support. And we provide this support outside of a Kovel arrangement.